Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to use 2 HP scanners at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

orejas

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
How can I use a scanjet 6200c and 6100c at the same time?
There are no select scanner options in the program from HP and although the help file says there is a control panel applet including scanner options, it doesn't exist at all.
I need to scan receipts and I want to be scanning on one while I place more in the other scanner.By the way I am really just printing copies (I have been able to switch scanners using the scanners and imaging devices in control panel by changing the default scanner but it is hard to do and suddenly leaves both scanners not working)

I have win2k, using scsi

You don't say how your scanners are attached, but you could possibly use a switchbox.
That would be the fastest solution. Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

No, They are scsi but the problem is that the HP software can't use them both. It insists on choosing a default but doesn't offer any way to select within the scanning or copying software
I can change scanners by changing the default but this is unreliable. I want to scan on one while setting up the other and then scan on the other etc
Changing the default scanner eventually locks things up so that I can't use either without a re-boot

HMMM....
good question...will keep looking Kimber

I don't think you can do that. I've owned an HP scanner and I've delt with HP support. They always told me I couldn't have but one scanner and one instance of scanning software loaded. Scanners are resource hogs and I think one would interfere with the other. I could be wrong. Jim

Need to know if both scanners will use the same drivers...
example if the scanner is set to use 6100 and you plug in the 6200 will it still run?
Trying to expand on my switchbox options here. Kimber

Yes Ihave both hooked up. I can use whichever one i want by selecting it in control panel as the default scanner.
I can also scan then switch to the other one in exactly the same way. Sometimes I can switch back and forth for a awile (very tedious the way the screens pop up slowly) BUT AT SOME POINT THIS SWITCHING FAILS. What I want is a way to
1: switch easier
2: switch reliably

OR
Is there some other software I can use to dirctly access one of the scanners? Or are scanners too driver dependent?
Hard to believe HP wouldn't want people to buy 2 scanners is'nt it!

have you tried another program like photoshop or something similar that has receive image via twain devices? i dont have two scanners but have use different imaging devices and i just goto file/import and it gives me a list of all available devices to import from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back