Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to Start an Avaya/Definity Users Group in Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmmaaa

MIS
Oct 28, 2002
US
I am interested in starting a Local Users group for Definity Users in the Sacamento area and I was wondering if there are any Sacramento area Telecom people interested. The closest Definity Users group to Sacramento at this time is in San Francisco (SFDUG). If you are intested in participating in or helping to organize a group, or if you know of any Aavya/Definity people in the Sacramento area that may interested please contact me for any of the listed possiblities. I am in the very early/Idea phase of this.

I can be reached at jamesestes@yahoo.com

Thanks,
James

Is anyone in the Sacramento area on Tek-Tips?

I don't know if there are, but there are sure enough days i wish I was......

BobG1,
Where are you that you would want to be in Sacramento, somewhere very cold?

I'm from Sacramento but don't have enough time to be in a user group. Sorry.

Daurkin,

Once I get a group going, would you like to know the when we meet? It will probrably be no more than every other month, maybe once a quarter?

Consider having conference calls instead of on-site meetings. I preside over a group in the NE, where users are spread out over a large area, and don't have time to drive somewhere and meet. That way, you're location-independent, and can enlist more members, with fewer hassles. Also, you can get speakers from anywhere, without having to bring them onsite.

[yinyang]

Thank dialtone. That sounds like a good idea, maybe we could alternate between the calls and onsite meetings. Is it the NNEDUG that you preside over? How was the process of getting it started if you were involved in that? I have not made any calls yet, was just trying to generate some interest first. On the International Alliance of Avaya Users, Inc (INAAU) it said you can either go through your local Avaya Account executive or Contact INAAU through the Toll free. Do you have an opinion on the route to take? Also, how much time do you put into it on a regular basis?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back