Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to monitor Search engine using Lapi in vb.net function

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivelinkDotnet

Programmer
Jul 5, 2010
IN
We are developing one application which monitors various servers , databases , services . In this we want to monitor search engine of Livelink . We are able to retrive list of brokers using get search broker. Please help if anybody has sample code or any help on how to check status whether search engine is working. Ya of course we are aware that we can set alert notification in admin . But we would like to do this using LAPI . can any body tell how to use LL_GETIndexValue function which is in visual basic in VB.NET
retrieving region name
Basically we want a code in vb.net which monitors search engine of livelink
Any doc on using LAPI in .NET
Please Please help

Thanks ggriffit

No i don't wnat to go for Web service,
As mentioned am able to list out search brokers, but after that in roder to check search i am passing some record like category
can you please tell me
how to use
LL_ValueGetIndexValue
LL_ValueGetFieldValue
LL_ValueGetDateEx
LL_ValueGetFormatted
LL_ValueGetString function in vb.net
Actually now i have one function which returns livelink value
This function internally calls above list functions
depending on input type
like if is TYPE_ASSOC , Isrecarray, LL_DATE

Please help

Simplest way is just to do a Search using ApplyQuery in the Search API see the Builder on line help (/Builder 971 Help/lapi/src_searchapi.html#srcapplyquery) for more on this. There is a fully working C# sample at which should be sufficient for you.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

That's basically what I do - execute a specifc search of a known document with a unique text string (one I put there just for this purpose) and check the value of the html returned. I actually use the LL Monitoring Agent, but you can do it in LAPI.

The other test I find useful is to monitor the size of dtreenotify - that tells me if the indexer is running or stopped. This can be done with a DB query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back