Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to help w/ a fun, emergency project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliptdisk

Programmer
Aug 16, 2000
US
Hi all,

I need to tweak a web page over the next day or two, just to show a potential employer what I can do, as I don't have any pages of my own uploaded, yet. All I'm doing is using a site that's already up, which, as you can see(chinatradingtime.com), is pretty low tech stuff - looks like FrontPage w/ some JavaScript in it. I'm going to change the cell width so that the news part isn't so obtrusive, and see what other stuff I can achieve with HTML, maybe some DHTML, to give it some snap. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.

sliptdisk

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - G. Marx

you want to show "what you can do", but what do you actually want to show ?

Never mind. I'm up for a webmaster position, of which html is a very small part of my responsibilities. I've usually considered my friends at techmaster as a resource for ideas. This page has obvious design flaws that I could use to contrast to a better design. It's not really that big of a deal, just something I thought I'd throw at him as part of a bigger picture, but, I've decided to do something else, considering ... Thanks, anyway. I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back