Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

want some help in design

Status
Not open for further replies.

loox

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
AU
I've got my first job designing a logo for an online catalogue maker, and I want to do a good job, is there anyone who can point to good websites logos and also a good font? It'll be good to talk to you.

try squashing the name of the company together step by step and see if anything interesting catches the eye ...could be something , could be nothing.

Designing a logo for me is harder than designing a whole site ...'cos everything or nothing can be reflected in one symbol listen very carefully to the clients ideas 'cos they might even do the job for you even if you don't personally like the result they might be over the moon.
there's definatly going to be loads of people who's going to love it and hate it so listen to the client.

that's my five minutes worth ...
good luck
/R

-------------------------------------
Laughing out loud every day,
keeps the doctor away....gotoAndPlay
-------------------------------------

I used to run colour stickers on a 4 colour printer, and I used Corel draw for all the designing(I'm talking thousands of different designs/logos). If you can get your hands on that program, you're laughing. If you get some ideas of what they want, but aren't sure how to go about doing it, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Adam

Ramsey's right, It really depends on what your client wants. I used to be a graphic designer (technically I still I just don't get paid now) and I would usually create about 15 different logos, mull over them for about 30 min, narrow it down to 4, then approach the client with the four I had. That way the client feels like a part of the process and you can get an idea of what they want. Also the programs you use influence what you can do as far as a logo goes. Will this logo need to be on any print media? Or is it just on the web? Is it ever going to need to be color seperated? Thats all long term thoughts though.
Basically just find out what your client is looking for and make that to the best of your ability.

P.S. its not the font that makes a great logo, its the designer.

hope my 2 cents was worth something,
Collin

thanks guys , all is going well, it was just that initital fright of having to do it. I'll put what I have got up in a couple of days, and yes all of your advice has been ok. Thanks for being there.....where ever you are in cyberspace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back