Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want phone secure at night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpurc71

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2007
US
I am trying to figure out how I can put a security code on a phone from 6pm to 6am. Then have the security code not required for calling through the day. Is this possible?

Yep if you have tenant partitioning which let you manipulate COR based on time of day

The user can manualy lock the station at 6pm by pressing an assigned button "sta-lock" and unlock it with the code at 6am.
Hope it helps.

Ok sounds good....can you tell me where to go to get that done. Or atleast point me in the right direction.

You need to firstly access the station form and set a security code for the station. Then assign the sta-lock button in a free slot. We are using 2420's and the lock goes on without any code however when taking the lock off you need to press the sta-lock button key the station ID then # and then the security code then # to remove. eg. button 7585 # 6723 #. You'll get the three rapid beep confirmation tone if it works. Works for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back