Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want Outlook in IE6 not Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonTech

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
US
Whenevr I answer or generate an E-mail from Internet Explorer it starts Outlook Express. Want to use my Outlook 2000, goes with Win2K and Office 2K. Outlook is set as default in all fields on IE6. Why does IE continue to use Outlook Express?

In Outlook, try Tools / Options / Other and check the box that says "Make Outlook the default program....."

Are you in a domain?

If you are in a windows2000 domain, and your systems administrator opened and set outlook express as the default. It affects all users.

(this is a problem i'm still trying to get around)

If it's a personal thing. log on as admin open outlook, set is as default, and same in IE.

then log back on as the user.

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

Outloo,Tools,Options. No option for default? Not on a Domain am at my home PC. Just the one PC. Multi user.Can find no option in Outlook to make it default mail handler. Already have IE set up to male Outlook Default.

Outloo,Tools,Options. No option for default? Not on a Domain am at my home PC. Just the one PC. Multi user.Can find no option in Outlook to make it default mail handler. Already have IE set up to make Outlook Default.

Open your IE

Go to Internet Options > Programs

Kjonnnn:

They have already done that if you read their posts..

DonTech:

Outlook>Tools>Options>OTHER !!! You have to click on the "OTHER" tab at the top as given to you above.

The option is right there..

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back