Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want CDR Privacy for certain extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylor

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to not record a certain extension on where it dials out to. I have set in the first page of the station to where it says "CDR Privacy to Yes" but it still records the number this extension dials out to. Is there a way to stop from recording certain extensions info on where it dials out to.
I thinks the CDR Privacy works only if a person calls that extension and it does not show in the recordings but it does show when this certain extensions dials out.
Thanks in advance for the help....

The following info comes from:
DEFINITY Enterprise Communications Server Release 9 Administrator’s Guide Volumes 1, 2, and 3

CDR Privacy allows you to administer the system to blank a given number of
dialed digits from a CDR report. This is useful when it is necessary to know
details of a person’s calls for accounting purposes, but it is not necessary or
desirable to know the exact number called.
You can administer the number of digits to hide, up to 7. The value in Privacy
Digits to Hide determines how many digits do not appear on the call record. This
parameter is system-wide. Whether or not an individual’s calls receive Privacy
treatment is determined by the CDR Privacy field on the Station form.

phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

I am currently using R4 only.

Set CDR privacy flag to 'y' for station. Then, 'cha sys cdr' last option on page is digits to hide options are 0-7.

Thus,

The info from the manual is the same as maxg expenation.

phone9ani.gif

Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Europe, that's exactly right, ylor just needed to know that the info from an R9 manual would work on an R4 and, while the information given in the manual tells you 'that' you can do it, it doesn't tell you exactly 'how' to do it. I just took the information you provided and broke down the steps; teamwork is what makes problem solving easier

Yes you are rite. I guess I just didnt know that it was in the cha cdr sys page for hiding the digits when europe told me how to. But they are both exactly rite when it all comes down to it. Thanks guys....

Bit of a late reply, but been off-line for a while.
Nice to see that something as virtual teamwork comes togehter.
phone9ani.gif

Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back