Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAN connection in windows server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORIS29

Technical User
Aug 14, 2007
US
Hello!Someone able to help me,setup WAN connection in windows server 2003 "RRAS wizard".Im Installed 2 Network Card,but i dont know how to configure.
I have DSL Connection.do i need to install router also?
Thank you.

We need more info as to what you are trying to accomplish?

Thankyou!sorry but I still have problems.
Here what i have
I CONNET TO INTERNET WITH DSL MODEM .(NO ROUTER)
FROM DSL MODEM I HAVE REGULAR SWITCH WITH 4 PORTS.
1 SERVER IP 10.10.10.2
MASK 255.0.0.0
DEF.GATEWAY 10.10.10.1
DNS 10.10.10.2
OK.THIS IS INSIDE MY NETWORK PRIVATE.NO INTERNET

The question is : How to configure my second NIC IN SERVER TO OUTSIDE THE NETWORK.WHICH ADDRESS I HAVE TO SIGN?TO HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION.
How To: Configure server client machines with internet conection ... I HAVE 2 CLIENT MACHINE.JOINED TO DOMAIN
ANY HELP PLEASE.THANK YOU.
Can someone explain this me step by step?PLEASE/

Well you can static assign all the IP's a router is your best option and they very cheap today. As for configuring your second nic and getting the clients to get internet it is a little more detailed then just setting the IP's. You will need to have DNS running and DHCP on the server. As well you will need static settings from your ISP.

Borris you dont make sense. You say you have internet access through your DSL connection but then only list one IP address and say you it has no internet. It either does or doesn't. I shouldnt have work out what you are trying to say but I think you mean there is one network card with IP 10.10.10.2 and you have a USB DSL modem attached to the server whch you gain internet access from?

If this is the case it is fairly simple to set RRAS up. Run the RRAS wizard again and choose to set up a NAT device (cant remember the exact selection). When asked to choose your internal network and external network choose them respectively. If DHCP is enabled make sure it assigns out the default gateway of the servers IP 10.10.10.2. You should be good to go.

Take a look at my IT blog guides, knowledgebase and technical resources at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back