Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wallstreet laptop will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerwin144

Technical User
Nov 10, 2003
US
I have a Wallstreet G3. When I press the start up button it will sometimes start up, but most times all I get is what I can only describe as a buzzing or clicking sound. This continues until I let off the power button. Holding Fn, Control, shift, power key to reset does not help. Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it?

if it is from the rear right, that is where the hard drive is (or was)

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Yes, that is where the noise comes from. What would be causing the problem?

But the hard drive still starts up sometimes. Does that mean it is dying but not yet dead?

I was just made aware that we already tried replacing the HD and still experience the same problem.

Darn that is the only failure I have had in a wallstreet. SO I am not up on what else might go wrong, if needs be they are down to $300 on ebay so you could move the HD to a different one

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

The only other item in the computer that is mechanical and that can click would be your CD Rom. Could that be the source of the noise? May be take out the CD Rom and try to boot. Just a suggestion, so I hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back