Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wallpaper is "not on top" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmilw

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
US
I was playing around with the Taskbar's Links toolbar, and now all I have for a wallpaper is a blue screen. If I refresh it, my old wallpaper will briefly flash before the blue screen returns.

If I select the "Classic Start Menu" in the taskbar properties, I get my old wallpaper. When I switch back to "Start Menu", I get the blue screen.

I can't figure this one out, and would appreciate some help. FYI, this is XP Home.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

I installed Virtual Desktop Manager, and in the process of trying to configure it, got an Active Desktop error message. It gave several scenarios as to what could have caused it. One of them had to do with displaying a web page on the desktop. It took me to Desktop Properties -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop -> Web. On this screen was a file named file:///C:/DOCUME~1/THEPHI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg that had a check mark by it. I unchecked it, and now my wallpaper is there regardless of whether there are any Icons or not, and regardless of any settings. It appears that this was the cause of my problem. Hopefully so.

Again, many thanks for the help.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back