Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wallboard Driver Not Binding to NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo79

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
GB
I have a server that hosts RCC and in RCC there is a wallboard assigned to the server's own IP address. ipView on the server then echoes the data to the IP addresses of our sales staff's computers who can then view the data in their local ipView applications.

This has worked fine for over a year, but two days ago it suddenly stopped working. Everything else in RCC works fine - the wallboard driver just didn't seem to be sending the data anymore. I used a port listener to check port 3500 on a client computer and on the server - but it didn't register anything.

Whilst attempting to diagnose the problem I happened across the following (>20MB) logfile which was created the moment it all stopped working:

C:\Program Files\Nortel\Reporting for Contact Center\Logs\wbdrv.log

In the above file the following is logged repeatedly:

09/11/26 12:58:12> WB: Message to wallboard at 192.168.1.60 abandoned, No NIC selected

(Only the timestamp and IP address vary).

It would seem that the wallboard driver can no longer bind to the NIC - but I am at a loss as to why. Our local IP addresses are static, not NAT'ed, and there has been no change to the NIC installed in the server - known because it is an on-board NIC.

I cannot find anything that lets me change the NIC binding for the wallboard driver - doing a lot of Googling hasn't helped much either.

why not add the ip addresses of your sales staff computers right in the wall board assignment? Instead of echoing a wallboard on the server?

By echoing from a wallboard on the server I only need to configure a single wallboard - but even if I assign wallboards for individual IP addresses it still isn't working. It just logs the above error message with the IP of the remote computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back