Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wakeup call in guest mailbox - PMS or Mitel function? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaJ

Vendor
Jun 23, 2010
ZA
Wakeup call in guest mailbox - PMS or Mitel feature

We have a Hotel running on MCD 4.0 with hospitality enabled. Check in and Check out features works 100% via the TMS system.
They use Opera as their PMS and has bought the voicemail part from Opera to do the guest mailbox part on the Mitel.

We currently have these two issues and can’t seem to get a concrete answer.

1) Guest mailboxes is enabled on all rooms. When a guest checks in Opera enables/ disables the mailbox and callers are able to leave messages * Problem is that the message indication light never switches on to indicate a new message - Is this a function the PMS should provide? Or is it a Mitel issue?

2) When dialling into a guest mailbox there is an option to set a wakeup call. It allows you to enable the wakeup call and set the time. * Issue is that the wakeup call never rings at the set time. When setting a wakeup call via Mitel’s standard feature access codes it always works fine. – Is the wakeup call function inside the guest mailbox a mitel or a PMS function?

1). Message waiting light would be provided by the Mitel. Leaving a message in the VM will cause it to trigger a MWI message to the Mitel, which will then turn on the light. Are you able to turn the light on yourself using the MWI code?
2).If the wakeup is set by logging into the VM then its up to the VM to tell the Mitel to ring the guest phone.

Sounds like you have issues with how the VM is programmed. Typically the PMS sends commands to the Mitel and VM to check the room in/out etc. Its up to the VM and Mitel allow/disallow dialing, turn on/off lights etc.

There may be no i in team but there are three f's in fudge off.

Voicemail type?

Do your ONS ports have the MWI option enabled? - Default is NO. (ONS/OPS Cct Descriptor)

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

what do you mean by Voicemail type? Its set as a guestmailbox by default?

How does the ONS ports fit into the picture?

I asked for Voicemail type not Mailbox type.

What device is providing your voicemail functionality?

Oh ok I understand. Its the 3300's standard build in Voicemail.

We've been searching everywhere and not even our local Mitel support has an answer to this.
* I forgot to mention that the message indication didn't work but after Opera changed settings it worked for a while but stopped again. This was almost 6months ago and the PMS guys insist that it’s not a PMS (Opera) function.

The PMS/Opera system does not control lights directly. It can advise the PBX to turn on the lamp.

LoopyLou asked earlier if you can turn on lamps manually. Please advise.

Also, with the VM Wakeup Call. It did not occur at the set time suggests it did occur but at the wrong time. Was the wrong time consistant? I suspect you may need to configure the Time Zone Offset in the Networked VM form.

Ok yes that answer sounds like its going in the correct direction -

Yes message lights can be turned on manually by dialling *91ext /*90ext to turn off.

As far as I’m aware the wakeup call never happened but if the time is incorrect then we most probably missed it if it activated a few hours later. Currently the Networked VM Servers menu is blank. Would it do any damage if I add an entry in there although I have no cluster enabled or shared systems that would need a vm server?

Setting up the Networked VM form will not affect anything negatively.

The time Zone offset is essential when sending emails, I'm speculating it might impact wakeup calls. Based on your new info, my confidence is quite low this will have an impact.

One thing I encountered specifically with Opera. They were running a night audit that refreshed all checked in rooms. This resulted in MWI lights and wakeup calls being cancelled. I don't think this is related but I'm just putting it out there.

So now that we've established that lamps can be turned on, here are a couple of things to check. Make sure the last enabled VM port is part of the VM hunt group. Try setting a phone to the same COS as a VM port and see if it can turn on a lamp using the code.

MIMB wrote an excellent FAQ regarding MWI issues. Check it out faq1329-7159

Ok thanks! These responses are really appreciated! I will go try your last step and report back.

OK so after a long day of testing I resolved the MWI issue.
It was the setting in the Suite assignment form. (see image1)

However the wake-up call is still a headache.
Our local Mitel support managed to setup a lab test without a PMS/Opera connected. When a wake-up call is set in a guest mailbox it worked straight away. (Proving that the feature is not purely PMS dependent) They were however running the test on MCD 4.1 and recons we should upgrade. As this is a hotel upgrading is not something that can be done unless absolutely necessary.

It really frustrates me that there is no documentation on the help file or any mention of the guest mailbox.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?mlyooi3nvoa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back