Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waiting to Grind YYYYMMDD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua34

Technical User
Jan 4, 2008
US
Hi, I'm running Aloha Table service 6.4.19 with win xp pro on both front and back of house. The problem I have is that our first week open Aloha failed to GRIND on three different days. I had to restart the back of house for it grind. We are a seasonal restaurant and were closed for 3 months. The changes I made were I replaced 2 terms with new ones with more com ports to add an extra kitchen printer, but I did not change the master term in the front of house in any way. I have no other problems with Aloha. I checked all the obvious things from reading other threads on this site, but have no idea why one day it will grind with out restarting the BOH and the next not. Any suggestions or a direction to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ben

Have you checked the DEBOUT.g01 to see if there are errors present?

Diane

Checked DEBOUT.g01 shows no errors. It only shows the grind time happening when I restart the computer, not at 4:00am like it use to be.

I have also been seeing this on occasion with that version. I have not been able to pinpoint reasons. I just copy a gnddbfxxx from a previous day and that works as well. Sort of a buggy issue because it is not happening daily. Also the failure for some terminals to hold on to it's aloha.ini which causes the terminal to go into a reboot loop. At least once a week it's one or the other.

I just experienced this issue at one of our restaurants. This is a bug in TableService 6.4.19 which occurs when there are a certain number of files present in your TMP folder (%IBERDIR%\TMP).

Try either deleting the old zipped-up DEBOUT's or moving them to another folder. In order to avoid having to do this manually, you may want to set up a scheduled script to move *.zip to another directory, or just delete them if you don't think you'll ever look at them again.

just upgrade to the latest 6.4

Cheers,
Coorsman

PROBLEM SOLVED
I compared a back up copy of aloha\data folder from an earlier date when everything was running correctly. I noticed that somehow the gnddbf.xxx and DONE30 file markers got into the Aloha\Data folders of the FOH Terms. So I deleted them from each FOH Term and EOD and Grind process has been running fine since thursday April 28. I don't know why or how this happen, but I think I'm going to take coorsmans advice and get the latest upgrade from my reseller.

Thank You all for your suggestions, you make this site invaluable to people like me without any good Aloha tech support around.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back