Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

waiting for line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robboardman

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2006
GB
Hi All,

On sip trunks is there any other options instead of waiting for line when a user miss dials or dials an unknown number?

Thanks Rob

Waiting for line means the system cannot fine line available to initiate the call (what is says on the tin really)

an incorrectly dialled number should get rejected with either Number busy or possibly invalid number (to some extent this depends on the sip provider).

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Yes it does get rejected, but the ip office handles this by showing waiting for line I was just wondering if there wasn't option to show a more descriptive message than this.

That is like asking if you can make your car not show check engine light but instead show a diagnostic message.

Waiting for line is just telling you there is an issue you then run diagnostics to figure out the actual issue.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Waiting for line is not what the IP Office says when a number is misdialed. Waiting for line is always when there is no trunk available to establish a call. A misdialed call will show unobtainable, incompatible, or you'll hear a message from your carrier. Again, if the screen says "waiting-for-line" then you have either got dead trunks, a misconfigured ARS table, or a misconfigured line(SIP or PRI).

Sometimes the IPO will do waiting for line if the SIP provider sends back some funky SIP message but I doubt that you can change that on the IPO side.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back