Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waiting for line when trying to use SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

helper1111

Programmer
Apr 21, 2008
US
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has run into this problem?? im getting a "waiting for line" message on my display when i try to dial out of our SIP trunk.

we have the following setup...

406v2
VCM 30
SIP Trunk License 20

what we have done is put in a NEW T/1 circuit to be used only for SIP calls. i have set up the IP OFFICE on the LAN port 8 to be used as LAN 2. i have also set up a short code of 8 to dial out of the SIP trunk.

when i press 8 i get the secondary dial tone... then dial a local number... then waiting for line appears on the display??? it seems like its not even getting to the LAN 2 port (port 8) of the IP OFFICE???

any help would be great!

does it work inbound?

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

helper1111,

Verify the following:

1. You have an IP Route with the destination of LAN2 for traffic to your SIP Provider.

2. On the SIP Line config for the provider, make sure you see LAN 2 listed under Network Topology

your short code is wrong.

the 8 code which gets to ARS is fine but in the SIP ARS

make sure you have N;
dial N
N"@sip.provider.com"

also adjust your dial delay timer to allow full dialling of the number

hey guys,

thanks for the replys. i will try this today to see if this works!

thanks again!

hey guys,

i just checked the SIP ARS which is set up as....

N;
N"ip address of sip"
DIAL
line group 15

just a question...

my SIP line is LINE 16... does my incoming and outgoing group under the SIP URI have to match or be set to the line number 16?

sorry, but to answer IPOTechy1234, i have not tried inbound calls yet. i will first thing this morning.

N;
N"ip address of sip"
DIAL
line group 15

your short code is wrong

should be
N"@ip address of sip" you are missing the @
Also, try and use the full provider name rather than IP ,

SIP proxy has to resolve back to name anyway.

In your Sip line, you can have any line number you want but the outgoing and incoming trunk must be what you use in the ARS. Personally though, I keep them all the same, e.g. line 16, Out 16, In16. Keeps it easy to go back on troubleshooting.

hey guys,

i just ran a trace with the 4.1 system monitor, and this is what i get????

4/24/08 11:43:16 AM-896ms Line = 16, Channel = 1, SIP Message = Invite, Call Ref = 2, Direction = From Switch, From = Extn241, To = 7058801@fkst.thinkingphones.net
4/24/08 11:43:17 AM-146ms Line = 16, Channel = 1, SIP Message = Response, Call Ref = 2, Direction = To Switch, From = Extn241, To = 7058801@fkst.thinkingphones.net, Response = 404 Not Found
4/24/08 11:43:17 AM-151ms Line = 16, Channel = 1, SIP Message = Ack, Call Ref = 2, Direction = From Switch, From = Extn241, To = 7058801@fkst.thinkingphones.net
4/24/08 11:43:29 AM-161ms Call Ref = 2, Originator State = Ringback, Type = User, Destination Type = none
4/24/08 11:43:29 AM-162ms Call Ref = 2, Short Code Matched = System, 8N

hey guys,

i have installed a seperate ip office as a test unit in the office where the sip trunks are. i have following set up.

406v2
SIP trial license
VCM 5
ip route that works

we installed a seperate T1 for the SIP. i can surf the net, but just cant make any calls over the SIP trunk..."waiting for line" appears???

the SIP provider can ping the IP OFFICE. they say there is a registration problem??

i cant call out or in??

Just to note for the future....

I am using VoiceFlex for my SIP and I get that message when I should get a BT Message (eg. The number you have dialed has not been recognised)

Anyone else seen this?

helper1111

Can you confirm what it was that fixed this in the end?

Cheers

Yes that would be nice. I for one ask a lot of questions, but if I get something working, I post that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back