Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAG54G internet problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

art73

Technical User
Mar 3, 2004
GB
Hi. I have just purchased a Wireless-G ADSL Gateway.(WAG54G)
Connected to it is one XP Home desktop, one XP Pro desktop and one XP Pro laptop with built in Wifi.
The 2 desktops are fitted with Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapters(WMP54G)
The XP Home computer wirelessly connects to the Gateway fine and can access the internet. (This is the comp i setup the gateway on)
The XP Pro desktop and XP Pro laptop see and connect to the network but can not access the internet.
I've set all the comps to obtain ip addresses automatically from the router.
They connect to the gateway but only the XP Home can access the internet.
Any help

i have one of these myself and like you i have no problems with the wired lan side of things...im having trouble with wireless access at the moment but was wondering if you have looked at the network security pages ? i'm sure i have seen something along the lines of: allow all connections to access the lan or restrict access to accept only these mac adresses....try them and it might work...email me if you get stuck and i'll see if we can work this box out together...ps...i'm no guru but i'll try.

Thanks for your reply! After an hr long call to linksys support i've finally cracked it!
For some reason the router just decided to not share the internet access. By resetting the router and re inputting all the settings it is working now.
I saw the setup page you were talking about and i didn't have to change anything. All comps are now accessing the internet without a problem. (touch wood)
But when i enable WEP data encryption it stops working again and the computers can't connect. Keeping it disabled and they connect fine.

Ps - what arrangement do you have? Hopefully i can help you out to get the wireless working. Mine is running fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back