Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAG54G & Dlink DWL-G650 - Drop Outs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveh

Technical User
Jun 22, 2000
GB
Hi There,

I have just set up a new network, and the Ethernet connections via the Router are fine... I've set up the wireless network with 128bit WEP and MAC address filtering, and when I turn the router and my laptop on, my Dlink DWL-G650 card picks up the network and connects, and works fine.

However, I am suffering frequent drop outs in wireless connectivity, sometimes the only solution being to restart either the router, or both the router and my computer. I suffered drop outs using my Dlink card on the last network that I was connected to, but this was quite rare, and it always reconnected immediately.

At this stage I'm not sure whether it is the router or the DWL-G650 that is not behaving itself. I'm tempted to say its the Dlink card, but I've downloaded the latest drivers (I think), so I don't know what else to do.

If you can help or offer advice, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
David.

I have had similar issues with my linksys router. I have tried different cards and it happens with each of them. Seems to happen when I leave the PC for awhile and com back. Each time I have to unplug the router and plug it back in and it picks right up. I thought it was the firmware but i upgraded and it still does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back