Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wacom Bamboo tablet looses registration with monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDennis

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
GB
I have a WACOM Bamboo Fun CTE450 tablet which intermittently looses registration with the monitor ie the cursor on the screen is not in the same place as the pen on the tablet. It works fine on my Macbook pro, my wife's Vista laptop and another windows desktop running XP, but the desktop I need it on which is an XP pro system it is unuseable. I have checked for wireless interference from other devices (by removing them from the system.) I am left with the theory that something on the USB is causing the problem but I have removed all the devices with absolutely no change.Perhaps it's software polling on the USB but I don't know how to find this.

Has anyone had this problem please, or can give me any suggestions. I have been around the usual web sites but it does not seem to be a problem experienced by others.

TIA

John

PS I have already had the tablet changed as faulty but the replacement behaves exactly the same.

I hate to say it but have you tried removing the Wacom tablet driver? I have some tablets where the Wacom and Windows XP drivers were installed. We kept trying to figure out why we were having so many OS corruptions and also extremely slow boots. The software developer finally realized that the Wacom driver could be removed and we could just use the Windows driver. Have you tried that?

Just a WAG.....

Thanks for your suggestion jazzgirl - sorry about the delay in replying I've been on leave. Yes I've tried just using the Microsoft driver which uses the tablet as a mouse but I have the same problem and the jittering is significantly worse. I have been in touch with Wacom Europe support who have given me several suggestions including a beta version of the new driver, but I still have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back