Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W3404 Unable to open file C:\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

backupfrank

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
CA
Does anybody know how to backup this special file with BrightStore v9 ? C:\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY
I have the open file agent install on my server. This is the exactly error :
W3404 2004/01/15 09:41:40 195 22 Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

Thank you.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but this file should be covered by the Systems State part of the backup also. I had the same problem so I excluded it with a filter from C:\winnt\etc etc etc and used the System State to get it.

I appreciate your fast answer. I am using the system State to get the file, if i exclude the security file with a filter, a you sure i will get it on my backup?

Thank you.

I'm confused. The directory is were the registry files are kept. ARCserve is designed to backup the contents of that directory via the OS API and not on the file level.

The registry backup was replaced with the System State backup which includes it. This is only in the later versions, BAB & BEB and not AS2000.

If the BAB 9.0 updates are not installed already install them.

I've only run BAB 9.0 on a test system and have not done a full backup with it, so I'll have to check it out.

Thank you, I will look for the latest BAB 9.0 updates to see if it make a change.

For what it is worth here is what my log shows for this file.

Skip Registry Hive C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY. (use System State)

Both the 9.01 and Device support updates are installed.

Hi,

My message differs in that the file is:(FILE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\templog.ldf, EC=SHARING VIOLATION).

I get around 12 different files ending with LDF,and MDF with the same error.

I have also had (and still do on some servers) this issue in the past. In my case there were registry files that gave the EC=SHARING VIOLATION. What I did to solve it was:
1. Modify the job and de-select the whole folder where the file is (NOTE not exclude from the filter option)
2. Save the job
3. Modify the job again and this time add the folder that you removed in step # 1.
4. Save the job

For whatever reason this has been working on a lot of issues like yours.

Regards,
GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back