Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K3 Server - Mac Clients can't connect to UAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCSNC

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
US
I have just installed a Windows 2K3 Server in a school with a 15 node Mac lab running 9.2.

I installed File Services for Macintosh but am unable to get any of the Macs to load the UAM volume to update the AppleShare

The server appears in the Chooser but when selected returns the message "The user authentication method required by this server can't be found. Please check the AppleShare folder in the Extensions folder..." In other words, I can't load the UAM volume to run the UAM installer to access other shares. Catch-22

FYI...

-These computers have routinely been accessing the older NT4 SP6 server with no problems.

-I've done this same setup several times in other schools with no problems. Can't figure out what's different this time around.

-I've done the usual - uninstalled/reinstalled, bumped up security on the UAM volume, etc.

Any ideas?

Try this, i know it sounds simple but you may be surprised.

1. Open the Computer Management from Administrative Tools
2. Right-Click on Shared Folders
3. Select "Configure File Server for Macintosh"
4. Check "Allow workstations to save password"
5. Choose "Apple Encrypted"

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back