Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K sp3....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulolly

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
Has anyone had any problems with the sp3 for win2k? I have noticed that on some machines it will fry all programs until it is uninstalled and on other machines it works just fine.

I've had SP3 installed for a while now w/o any apaprent problems. Made sure i had plenty of space and my HD was defragged before I started the d/l. I also did the network install and down loaded the 128 Meg file then did the update. Also make sure you are the Admin when you do the update.

I also have had no problems with the SP3 update except for one annoying factor. I lost the ability to search for files/text when using Windows Explorer. Every time I tried to search for a file it crashed and returned to the desktop. Otherwise no probs.

I had "heard" of problem but had not experienced any until a couple of days ago. In my case, one of my users install some logitech mouseware utilities on her laptop so she could use a Logitech scroll mouse. when SP3 was applied we lost the mouse. I was able to download a service pack from Compaq to fix the problem.

So, I would suspect that there are any number of incompatabilities out there. Just hope that you are not "inflicted" with one of them.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back