Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K SP1 and AS2K Disaster Recovery CD Boot Disk Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetford

MIS
May 30, 2001
US
A Windows 2000 SP1 / ArcServe 2000 DR CD Boot disk, created by us per CA instructions, crashes every time half way through setup indicating it "can't find the SP1.cab file" . The SP1.cab file is in the /i386 folder on the CD.

We're using a Microsoft Boot CD when creating the AS2K boot CD and we've applied all the CA patches.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

We to had the problem here.

The only workaround that we found to fix the issue is to use a non SP1 windows 2000 proffesional CD to create tyhe image.
(The probelm also appears if you load by floppies, and again put in a SP1 cd !)

It should make no difference whether it is patched to SP1 or not at this stage, as it will get overwritten in the restore.

By the way have you managed to get any of the windows 2000 DR to work yet on an autoloader ?

Hope this helps.

Thanks Tek-Tips G, I'm going to give that a try.

We have an autoloader, an ADIC 485, which we're going to try to get DR to work. Have you had any experience with DR and autoloaders ?

Can you let me know how you made out with this problem? I am having it too and would appreciate any help

I insert the SP1 CD and it says corrupt country.sys cannot continue.

I am ARCserve 2000 trying to restore from a bootable CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back