Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Server Service missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003
AU
Help!!!
I have recently built a W2K server SP3 and am unable to install the arcserve universal client agent. This is because the OS does not have the "server" service listed or running. Where has it gone? Why did it go? I just don;t know! How do I re-enable it/get it to come back? I promise I will try to show it more respect should it return and am open to counselling!
Have tried reinstalling Client for microsoft networks but to no avail. I am trying NOT to perform a complete reinstall of W2K server due to the application configuration which is required.

Thanks in advance
Gavin Kluska:)

It is possible for services to be removed by certain programs. What do you currently have running on that server?

Have fixed this problem. The server service will only be visible and able to be started if "File and Printer sharing has been installed"! Once Fand P sharing has been installed the services (server and computer browser) start automatically.

Gavinkluska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back