Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K RRAS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonC25

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2002
US
I have a member server that is running the RRAS services.
Everything was working fine, but now things are not working as intended.

I am able to connect to the VPN from outside the office and it looks like its working fine. But, I am unable to ping internal IPs. And I used to use a Terminal Services connection to attach to other servers. I tried pinging and connecting using computer names and IPs, neither respond. I have tried, 2000 pro, XP Pro and XP Home.

We installed SP4 on the RRAS server a couple weeks ago, but the VPN doesn't get used much so I can't tell you if this caused the problem. I am hoping someone else went through this after a SP4 install.

Please let me know... I have a couple users in Chicago that need thier connection. (typical)

Thanks.

Here is a little more info...

from outside trying to VPN, authentication is fine and a connection is made. Not able to ping internal IPs. but I get a internal address.

When trying to reconnect to a network share on the internal network. I get a error message. ...not accessible, you do not have permissions, contact admin. Network path not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back