Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K & Printing from FoxPro DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menglish

Programmer
Jun 22, 2001
I was running three computers running using W98SE (2) and one using W2K and printing invoices from FoxPro DOS (2.6a). One computer was in an office (W2K) and the other two (W98) are in another building and sharing a printer (invoices). After updating the two W98 computers to W2K, I cannot share the printer for invoicing. Each one will print locally, but will not printer through the network and sharing. We also tried using a D-Link printer server but would not operate either. The printer is an OKI Microline 320.

Any genius' have any suggestions?

Millard

Give this a try in case you dont have your printer shared. Go to control panel then printers. Now right click on your printer and left click on sharing. Click shared as give it a name, hit apply ok, restart and then give it a try. By the way make sure the machine t hat has the printer has the drivers for win2k.

Did you install the printer on each of the PCs that are using 2000 pro? If so is the printer that is shared set as the default printer when it is sending the print info to the shared printer?

Hi guys,

Sorry I took so long to get back but we finally got it going. I had the Oki ML390 installed on both computers but it would only print locally. Searching other forums and MSN, we finally found the command and tried it and voila...it started printing. From the command windows type in: net use lpt1: \\Counter2\OkidataM /persistent:yes

Thanks for the suggestions.

Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back