Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K Icons not showing full colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich42uk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
GB
Yes, I know it sounds simple, but this has stumped me! We have spent weeks creating a fantastic image for our company. We are on about the 6th test build at present. I noticed yesterday that the icons on the desktop (especailly the IE icon which should be the IE6 icon, but looks like the IE4 icon) are not showing in full colours, even though all display settings are correct. But, in build 3 of the same image, they are OK. We haven't changed any display settings since and the two images compare exactly the same in the display settings. Please don't reply to this and say "Check the icons are showing using all possible colours" or "are you running on 32 bit colours" etc. This is more complicated than that and it has stumped everyone here.

Any idea's would be appreciated!

Thanks
Rich

I have the answer myself now (in case anyone is interested!!)

We use NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing which is enabled in the taskbar. Amazingly, this interfers with the icons if you change the option to use the maximum colours in the icons. Even if you turn the maximum colours back on, the colours do not appear. You have to disable Netmeeting remote desktop sharing, change the colours settings in Effects and then re-enable NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing.

Bloody stupid if you ask me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back