Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K DNS to point to second IIS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dccs

MIS
Aug 22, 2003
CH
I have a server hosting multiple websites on IIS
This server is also my DNS and Exchange server.
Now i want to have a second IIS for hosting only and later on remove all hosting from the first server.
Now my problem
I have one external IP adres 217.136.x.x which connected to a Cisco 860 router where NAT translation to a internal adres is 192.15.7.10 is done. For this router I don't have access ( it owned by my ISP )
My DNS is setup so that all domains are beeing served on this server. The new IIS server will have address 192.15.7.9 Internaly the rerouting is been done by adjusting the internal Alias to this new adres.
but for external i can't get it fixed.
Idees are welcome
DCCS

Install ISA Server and give it a ip 192.15.7.10 . than requests from internet will be transfered to this server.
than create web publishing rule to publish your new IIS server and mail publishing rule to publish mail server.

and enjoy

Infact ISA server 2000 works as your software router,firewall,and NAT trnaslation agent.

Ch Abdulla fayyaz chattha

Thanks for the info
but I want to envoid to many server ( small buisiness, small budget )
Can it be done by DNS ?
It could be possible to adjust the NAT in the router, but then the force of DNS would be gone
DCCS

Hi dccs.

Yes, you can adjust the router for port redirection. On a Cisco router, you will need the ffg. statements:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.15.7.9 80 216.137.x.x 80 extendable
ip nat inside source static udp 192.15.7.10 53 216.137.x.x 53 extendable

Web traffic will go to x.9, DNS traffic will go to x.10.

Hope it helps.

Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back