Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2k and cdrom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skater

Technical User
Dec 27, 2000
US
My DVD cdrom (Nec dv-5800a) has somehow lost the driver. I have been all over the web (Nec, Dell, driver sites, etc)searching for a driver. No success. When I boot W2k Pro attempts to install the device, but won't find the driver on the W2k system disk. I've removed and tried to reinstall, and all the "normal" things. Help??

Well, I just searched for about an hour this moring trying to find anything on it for you. I found all kinds of tech sheets and layout information but nothing as far as software or drivers for it. I would suggest contacting NEC directly on the phone or drop them and E-mail.
It looks like Dell puts them in some of their systems. Maybe try calling or e-mailing them for a driver update.
I also found several other postings on other web sites by people looking for that driver. If you do get it, please share the wealth with others. :)

Thank you all for your help. I had already done the firmware update and have spent several more hours attempting to locate more info on the problem. It is possible that this device is not compatible with W2k Pro, although Dell won't admit it and I can't locate any info on the web. I'm still trying, but at this point I have more time in it than it's worth. I will probably just replace the device with something that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back