Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2K additional languages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merline

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
DE
there are problems with additional languages in Windows 2000 Pro.
for example: the subject line in Outlook shows some cryptic text while the message body looks ok

I would appreciate some helpful hints... [2thumbsup]

Thanks,
Merline

What language? Do you know what the subject line should look like? If you know what it should look like how about an example of the mangled version and the proper display. This may be a code page issue. Could depend on what fonts you have installed in office or which one you are using as default in outlook. Microsoft tech support is pretty good. If you're talking about outlook you presumably have office installed. I don't know if they have a separate support group for outlook. You do not neccessarily have to pay for a support call. If the problem also shows up in outlook express. You could try installing latest IE. and sevice packs. I have had free support calls on IE. You might like to search Microsoft for known issues. You could use or google to search Microsoft.

Good luck

thank you for the post.
the link was helpful.
But the problem was related to the installation.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back