Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W2000 ADC - Active Directory Connector Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

malydon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
US
I am attempting to use the ADC to replicate exchange 2000 user info over to an old legacy Exchange 5.5 server. The ADC is working, but only replicates groups (as distribution lists) and contacts. The actual E2000 users dont get replicated over as custom recipients, which is what I want.

Does anyone have any ideas?

You say the W2000 ADC?

Are you not using the Exchange 2000 ADC? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

I was initially using the W2000 ADC, which worked fine in replicating E5.5 users into AD as Contacts (exactly what I wanted), but wouldn't create custom recipients in E5.5 from AD/E2000 users - its would create folders and DL's but no users.

I did some reading and installed the E2000 ADC instead. This doesn;t seem to work at all how I want it to work - From E5.5 to AD it wants to created actual users raher that Contacts (Exchange Org name is the same), and from AD to E5.5 just fills the event log with errors;
------------------------------------------
The ADC cannot replicate CN=test user 2,OU=Test,OU=CSDO Organizational Units (Users & Computers),DC=xxx,DC=yyy,DC=zzz,DC=com. The site that the object belongs in is read only on the connected Exchange 5.5 Server. If another connection agreement can replicate this object to a 5.5 server in the correct site, then ignore this message. (Connection Agreement 'test to exchange' #2488)
------------------------------------------
I'm confused.....

You must do some setup on the exchange 5.5 side prior to doing the configuration the id you are using in the connection agreement must have been setup with excahnge service rights at the Org level site level and configuration level Id must also have schema admin rights within Exchange 2000. Ther is a microsoft whitepaper on this I don't have the name of it as I am at home but if you are still having problems tomorrow please send me an e-mail to gary.clift @ps.net and I will send you copy of the paper

Microsoft has an article called sixsteps.doc that gives a lot of very valuable information on this.

Well you are supposed to install the ADC before 2000. Your names might match but I don't think 2000 joined 5.5

When you look in Exchange System Manager do you see both 2k server and 5.5 Server? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Oh dear - no I ran my forestprep before the W2000 or E2000 ADC was installed. Does this mean its screwed-up? Is there any way to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back