Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VXworks corrupted with incomplete IP address of sw0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarstenHuhn

Technical User
Jun 9, 2009
DE
Hi guys,

does anyone know how to correct a faulty ip address in VXworks?
The boot parameters (c command) have been set properly but VXworks seems to retain fragments of a faulty IP address "in the belly" (see picture).
-> "Attaching network interface sw0... Error setting inet address of sw0 to 192.1681"

VXworks is 5.4, system is a 3100 ICP.
I already tried FF command, but it didn't help - system doesn't boot anymore.

Thanks!

Karsten

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e209387a-19a9-4384-a4c4-7abfff3eb725&file=Screenshot_2021-04-16_235141.jpg
if you know all the parameters you should be able to enter the cd command to reset it back to default
then go through and enter the parameters carefully - DO NOT USE backspace
the parameters have to be entered correctly ( subnet in hex ffffff00 = 255.255.255.0)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Already did this... c and cd command are the same aren't they.
Anyhow, tried that and it still doesn't work.
VXworks still carries on to insert 192.1681 as IP address for sw0.

cd should assign all parameters back to the default
c just starts the menu and then you have to step through

FWIW, I always choose c to verify settings before any @ when doing changes. Remember . deletes :)

Might help us help you if you step through all the settings ( after pressing c) and send a screenshot

the main issues are caused by trying to fix a badly entered entry - you cant do that , if a mistake is made , step through and start again

I don't know what the parameters for the 3100 would bem but alot looks missing and perhaps entered values are incorrect

The problem is resolved.

I just copied the default system.cfg to the flash card again and the fault disappeared.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Karsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back