Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VXA-2 10 slot library

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntinlin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2002
GB
Anybody got this unit?

Opinions good or bad?

Looks like a nice reasonably priced and functional unit but I don't know anyone that has one.

Thanks
Neill

I have bought this unit and awaiting delivery .. will post my findings here after I have it !

Also bought 20* 80/160GB cartridges.

I've used this unit a bit for a client's project.

It seems to work just fine. Tape swaps are sometimes a little slow if you're sitting waiting on them...watched pot and all...

I used the unit with Dantz Retrospect on a Win 2k3 Server machine to back up and/or archive from a 1.5+ TB RAID5 array.

I managed to get it hopelessly confused once and had to pull the drive out of the unit to eject the tape, but that was probably my fault...I was doing a lot of moving tapes and rebooting machines at the same time...it's likely I either rebooted the host or (and?) pulled power from the tape library while it was in the middle of doing something important.

Otherwise, no complaints (and actually, even pulling the drive and ejecting the tape wasn't that bad...)

Todd

Thanks.

We did actually buy one in the end although it went straight to my remote site so I haven't physically played with it.

Seems nice and quick and the barcode reader is very useful with Arcserve. Giving about double the speed I was getting with a DLT7000 library as well which is nice.

Very, very cheap solution as well for a 10 slot auto-loader, only £1300 in the UK and tapes aren't badly priced.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back