Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vulnerability Scans on Avaya using Nessus

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcyg

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2011
US
Has anyone had experience with running vulnerability scans on their Avaya systems using Nessus? I'm getting ready to do vulnerability testing (after hours), and have heard that certain scan can potentially cause one of my Linux boxes to go down hard.
Marcy

If I recall correctly they would occasionally lock up a CLAN or other IP board but I have not had a server go down( version 3.1.5). There are different intensity levels to a nessus scan I believe.

We have had a couple of nessus scans without any issue. The nessus scan did not have access to log into the system just did a port scan.

I've never used Nessus. Does the system just ask for a host name or IP address, and then you click "scan?" Or is there a command line where you tell it what type of scan to run? Trying to learn this :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back