Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vu-Stats Issue with Genesys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynolds723

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
GB
Hi All,

I have a weird one for you that I'd like your feedback on. We have been having issues with silent calls for a long time and have never been able to replicate until last week.

The silent calls only happen on transfers when using a Genesys softphone (custom front end but genesys none the less)and only if there is a Vu-Stats button active on the physical IP phone the agent is logged into.

It doesn't matter if the Vu-Stats format is set to refresh or to send data for say a 10 second period then disappear. If The agent makes an outgoing call from the Gensys softphone while the Vu-Stats app is displaying info on the IP Phone then we get 2 way silence.

This doesn't happen when using a TDM phone with softphone, or with the IP phones themselves when softphone is out of the picture.

We have sent an MST to Avaya who have said that they see lots of Vu-Stats requests when the issue is happening and that it may be congestion at the CLAN. I registered a station to a remote PN where only 8 other stations are registered and got the same problem, so I don't think the issue can be CLAN congestion.

We are running CM 3.1.5 on an IP connect config, CTI to the T-Server is via one MAPD (for like 1000 users at peak times)

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Best Regards

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back