Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VTxxx Terminal Settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svhtech

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
Something changed. My VT520 started doing double line spacing and other strange things. I went into setup and tried to fix it and of course things got worse! :-(. So after many changes and finally going back to factory defaults on the terminal, then resetting to 8N1 2400, VT 100, adding the printer I'm almost complete. The biggest thing I'm missing is to be able to use the up arrow. I use to be able to use Ctrl and the up arrow to scroll back about a page. Now nothing!
Does any one know what setting needs to change to fix this?

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

Under display check the box review previous lines. Also the double spaced lines issue is caused by the tty port. Rebuilding the port will correct that.

D'OH! how did I miss that one. Thanks!

I get double space lines when turning line on - on

>lof <enter>

I'm also finding that after typing ****, it does not go to the carrot until I hit Enter. And when printing a long list of something typing **** does not stop it. I have to type STOP.
Any clues ?

That's also the tty port, you need to out it and rebuild it.

That worked! Thanks for your help Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back