Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VT520 dumb terminal double spaced 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsty

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
Anyone know the setting that is causing an added blank line when hitting a carriage return. All the lines (rows) seem to be double spaced all of a sudden.
REQ: PRT

TYPE: DNB

instead of

REQ:pRT
TYPE:DNB

We used to get this in Austin every once and a while. We ususally ended up keeping it like this until we ini'd. Then it returned, but it always seemed to come back. I could never figure it out.

John

i've seen that when the switch comes up without the term connected.. i don't have a dumb term to get into setup (f2) to look at so i can't be much help. power cycle, or try ld 37, stat, then dis tty x enl tty x on that term...make sure you don't dis the only working term...not that i've ever made that mistake...almost, i did a dis tty 1 while dialed in remote..sure was a long drive on a sunday afternoon

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Try loging on and typing LOF at the > sign.

yep, the LOF worked great ! Thanks alot

No problem. Typing LON at the > prompt will enable you to use the backspace key on your keyboard, but it also gives you the extra line. LOF turns it off.

I tried LOF on my VT520. Nothing much happened.
I then tried LON and now all I get when I press [Enter] is ^M, which is the ASCII code for character 13, a carriage return.
I can't get rid of the ^M and the VT520 won't work at all ... nothing BUT control codes....

WHAT HAPPENED???

You can try outing your tty and re-programming it. I've seen it clear the ^M issue.

If you have the following setting under you terminal settings, try checking or un-checking it:

Incoming CR to CR/LF

OUTing and rebuilding the TTY seems like a drastic step ... but it worked! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back