Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSP/OTM Setup and Licensing on NEtbackup 4.5 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggger

MIS
Apr 2, 2003
CA
I have some Windows servers that I backup using a Unix Master server. My environment is NB 4.5 FP3 on Sol 8 Master backing up NT4 and Win2K NB 4.5. Do I need additional licensing to configure VSP. Also I am new to the server/client configuration of VSP. Can someone please offer suggestions, references.

The OTM/VSP module comes on the server installation disk but you will need a separate license to use it.In order to configure it, I believe you need access to the admin console from a windows box as I don't think that you can do it from the unix master.Just click on the OTM/VSP tab when you look at client properties.The Sys Admin Guide (found on the Veritas site) gives comprehensive details on how to configure it as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Ricoh. I will followup up on your leads and let you now how it turns out. Thank a lot appreciate the guidance.

If you have NB 4.5 Data Centre, you do not require any additional license for this.

Thanks for the information plusign and richoj110575 I was able to conclude the same as plusign. It is true that the Netbackup 4.5 product for windows includes the VSP product as part of a regular installation. By default it is located in host properties under the client tab and not enable.Anyone who is configuring it should be mindful of the volme which their cache is on, shoud practice setting both initial and max sizes for their cache. Thanks guys you were very helpful. Now that I have configured it if any of you have any question I may be able to help you in return.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back