Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VShieldWin_Class. End task before log off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have to end task when I log off one machine

SO NT 4.0 Sp5
Mcafee 450 engine 4140 dat 4163
or

If I stopped Mcshield service I can log off the machine with no problem

I'm getting the same error on shutdown, running VirusScan 4.5.1 on Windows NT4 service pack 6a. Has anyone got the slightest idea why this is?

Also tried last version of engine (4150) and dat (4169)?
fabio

I had the same problem caused by the following:

On a win95 laptop with 1HD and 1 Partition I made 1 new partition with Fdisk while starting Fdisk I chose large disk
after making a partition of 2000mb and restarting and shutting the laptop down I had a VShieldwinn_class problem.

I started Fdisk again and chose No for lage disk, then i removed the partition and made a new one of 2000mb. After restarting and shutting down the laptop the problem was gone.

Same problem here NT 4, sp6a. Mcafee 4.5.1 SP1.

I need to kill the vshieldwin_class task before logging off.

Also, when logging on I get the error that it cannot find c:\temp\wzseo.tmp\setup.exe, but I click ok, and it seems benign; kinda annoying though. Everything else seems to work ok.

Any ideas anyone?

Well, I think I figured it out.

In the vshield configuration, I "unchecked" the " "scan floppies on shudown" option.

This seemed to do the trick on the shutdown problem. Maybe because my laptop has one of those option bays which you can either put in a floppy or a cd-rom, I usually keep the cd-rom in it, so may be it was hanging looking to scan a floppy on shutdown; seems like they would not have a basic problem like this, but it seems to work now.

Top man. Just tried this on one of the PCs with the error and noticed the floppy LED was illuminated constantly on shutdown until I ended the task. After unchecking the scan floppies on shutdown option, every PC with the error is now behaving. Shame Network Associates couldn't have given me this solution over the past month!

Did you ask them about the problem under their tech support pay for service?

I do not pay for tech service so could not ask.

But if they do not even know about this, then shame on them. They should post a fix to their web site. How do you tell them about this problem?

We have KnowledgeCenter Support and expect an email reply within 1-2 days according to their own documentation. I'll be discussing both their support levels and the solution to the problem today.

If you have problems with Vshieldwin_class, please contac with me by titanslv@hotmail.com,...I had this problem with my computer, before when I swithed off the machine Vshieldwin_class give me a mistake,...the machine can not shutdown automatically

Uh, NETWORK ASSOCIATES knows about this, and yes you should uncheck scan floppies on shutdown if you dont have a floppy drive....

this should be obvious as to why so I wont try to explain..

I have a NT4 desktop and am having the VShieldWin_Class end task problem, but unchecking the scan floppies at Shutdown option is not fixing my issue. Any other ideas that you have come up with? Reinstalling doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back