Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSE 8.0 and Selective Updating issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
I am trying to deploy patch 10 out to our enterprise and want some granular control. The only way to not deploy out to all machines after importing the hotfix in is to use agent 3.5.0.436 and selective updating.

In my test environment under global updating and an epo agent task (advanced settings). VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 appears under Patches and Services Packs.

In my production environement it does not appear. I have pulled in the VirusScan 8.0 package and reports and have deployed 8.0 to the entire enterprise. Is there something im missing?? How can I get the VirusScan 8.0 to appear under selective updating.

Im running EPO server 3.5.0.596.

Did you apply the ePo patch 1 to your test and forget to apply it to production? I know that was one thing patch 1 fixed.

Our production EPO server is 3.5.0.596. Im pretty sure thats patch 1.

It is, sorry - spaced that line. Shows how my day has gone. Anyways.....

About the only thing I can think of is that a patch for VSE 8 must be checked into ePo before VSE 8 will show up in the selective update list. At the time I applied patch 1 for ePo I had a couple patches for VSE 8 checked in so it just showed up. If you haven't checked in patch 10 yet I would say try that. If you have.... well.. I'm no help to you :)

Im up to EPO Server patch 3 and still seing the issue. VirusScan 8 does not appear under service packs and patches under the selective updating part of global updating or an EPO upgrade task. Any ideas?

Solution:

Selective updating only become possible for VirusScan 8.0i when you check in a patch. After checking in a patch it apparant but disabled.

When VirusScan 8.0i with patch 11 is released a refresh of the package will also make selective updating possible for 8.0i.

This is odd because for all other versions you do not have to check in a patch to make selective updating possible. It comes with the installation of the EPO server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back