Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS8.0i

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlshoe

Technical User
Nov 13, 2000
US
Parch 13 is now available for download

Russ Shoemaker

Thanks for the heads up! Since I've had nothing but bad luck with McAfee patches, I'll wait a few months to see if there are any problems before putting this on my test PCs.

Tried to download it from the usual download site but couldn't find it anywhere! Could someone please point me to the correct download location?

Thanks!

Did you use mysupport.nai.com

Russ Shoemaker

I just looked it is there You need a valid grant # then greate and log in to your account

Russ Shoemaker

When I log in with my grant number and click on the VSE 8.0i and click on patches here is what I get:

McAfee Active Virus Defense
Desktop & Server Security VirusScan Enterprise v8.0i Software Downloads Documentation Patches Language ALL Platform ALL
No Patches to Download

You are in mysupport.nai.com and you loged in with your user name and password? I am not talking about that is completely differend.

Russ Shoemaker

yup I saw it there too.

So far havent deployed it to the mainstream pcs.... still trying to iron out a few bugs.

anyone else out there deployed p13 yet?

There is a problem with Quarantine when you click browse it is non responsive.
The problem has been reported and a fix is in the works

Russ Shoemaker

I decided to take a chance and installed it on my test PCs and didn't see any major problems as encountered with previous McAfee patches.

I've started to deploy Patch 13 and Scan Engine 5100 (Using SMS, but will try deployment using ePO later) to our IT department PCs for testing and so far haven't received any complaints yet.

I'll wait some more before deploying it to the rest of our offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back