Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS version coexistence

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
Finally had a chance to put VS 2005 on a machine. It looks like it will go in side by side with VS 2003 and remain independent.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has seen any gotchas to putting both on one machine.

[sub]Jeff
[purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day

"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/sub]

I run both on my machine and haven't experienced any issues whatsoever.

----------------------------------------

TWljcm8kb2Z0J3MgIzEgRmFuIQ==

No issues with dual VS versions here, either. Though, this is perhaps a side issue, I did find that the .NET Framework 1.1 security policies didn't automatically transfer to .NET Framework 2.0.

All of my applications for a certain client run from network shares, so I have to alter the LocalIntranet_Zone to FullTrust. I was momentarily at a loss when all my new apps displayed security errors.

Code:
caspol -machine -chggroup LocalIntranet_Zone FullTrust

Fixed it up.

Thomas D. Greer

I run 2005 in a VM because I couldn't take the chance on it corrupting work I'm doing for a client on 2003.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back