Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS 8 not showing in Master Repository 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvas457

Programmer
Apr 4, 2001
US
Can someone tell me why VirusScan 8 is not showing up in my Master Repository List? It is listed under the Directory/Policies list and I can manage it and modify the users settings, but it's not showing in my Master Repository list. I can also see it in the Mangaged Products/Windows list. I want to be able to upgrade workstations that run vs7.1 from the task list but there is not an update option in the task list. I have imported the latest vse800.nap and vse800reports.nap and still no luck.
Thanks in advance,
mvas

Would guess that you've installed only the 8.0i .NAP to your master repository. You now need to go back to Repository > Check in package and add the actual install. Ask the wizard to check in Products or updates, browse to the directory you unpacked 8.0i's installables to and select PkgCatalog.z from that directory. Finish it up and you should find it in the master repository--it will copy to the distributed repositories on your next replication.

The Bug Guy

That was it, I completely forgot to check in the Product. Thanks bugguy, you da man!

[afro]
Ya mon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back