Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPNs with port forwarding - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbird

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
GB
I've a Zerxel 791 SDSL router set to 'forward all' in it's NAT set up to a Vigor 2900 cable router which in turn feeds the LAN network. I'm trying to terminate MULTIPLE PPTP VPNs on the Vigor - should this work? At present I can only get a single link working at any one time.
Does anyone have experience of the Zerxel 791 router and if it's 'forward all' option does as it says in the NAT table.
All the best
James

Well, I just did a serach, and this post didn't come up, so I posted a variant of this question.

I don't have experience with your router, but have not found a way to do this with several routers. Have you solved the problem, yet?

Thanks.

Did work with the Zerxel in the end following muliple reboots. The Vigor now is able to terminate multiple VPNs (both lan to lan and dial in, all through passthrough on the Zerxcel. If I was brave I'd ask how passthrough works, but I know I wouldn't understand.
All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back