Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN's and default Gateways 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2001
US
I currently have a VPN server that is also working as the RAS server. It has two network cards, one internal and one public. All users cannot see the internet when connected either through RAS or VPN. However, if I change the default gateway to our firewall in the Static Routes folder in The RRAS MMC, RAS can then access the internet. However in this state, the VPN cannot be reached or pinged from the outside.
When I setup the default gateway to the internet router (public), then the dial-in users cannot connect to the internet. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.

on the dialup settings of the clients, try to disable the 'Use default gateway on remote network'. it is somewhere in the tcp/ip settings of the VPN connectio nproperties (of u use the standard VPN connections of Windows ofcourse)

Pieter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back