Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN with 9600 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jak67

Vendor
Jan 2, 2009
US
Anyone have instructions for a netgear fvs 336 VPN router and 9608 9650 phones? I have the phone set to a vpn phone but every time I try and connect to the router it errors out with an encryption error.

I don't think they made a guide for the Netgear phones. You need to ensure a few things:

1. Does your router support IPSec?
2. Read the 9600 VPN Administration manual - it will spell out the requirements.

In this scenario, you'll probably choose a generic router as your vendor type in the configs.

earleir post said avaya wont support netgear? or was that linkus???

There is a document made by Avaya for that router.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I tried to use those instructions keep getting an error on the router that the client is trying to use unknown encryption. What I have is a IP500v2 connected to a netgear fvs336 connected to the internet with a static IP address, and a 9650 IP phone in VPN mode that will never have the same ip address. It works fine with a 5610 but cannot make the 9650 connect.

on the 9600 set the encryption types rather than setting to Any - Any and also set the protected nets rather than 0.0.0.0/0

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back