Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN with 802 router.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2003
US
I am running IOS 12.0(5)T on a Cisco 802 router. I want to enable VPN on this router. In a book I am using it instructs to first enter the command:

Router(config)#crypto isakmp policy 1

This 'crypto' command doesn't seem to exist in my IOS version. Does anyone know how to setup VPN with this IOS version? If it is not possible what version do I need?

Note: This 802 router is my 'Corporate' office router, and would have other remote VPN routers connecting to it.

Thanks

Anyone anyone???

All the documentation I have found on version 12.0 says that the crypto command should exist....

Well, it all depends on what feature set you have. and also try 12.0(7)T that was the first stable ios for vpn.

Jan

Network Systems Engineer
CCNA/CQS/CCSP

Is that feature set available for download only from the Cisco site? Seeing as I don't have a contract...I currently cannot download new versions of IOS.

Is there any where else to get 12.0(7)?

Thanks

You have payed Cisco Fee for your router sometime, and that entitles you to upgrades within the same Major Release (12.0) so that should be free. If you need a higher feature set like ipsec 3des you have to pay.

JAn

Network Systems Engineer
CCNA/CQS/CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back