Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN - WinXP (client) Win7 (server) connects but no network access

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt26uk

Technical User
May 24, 2010
GB
Hi I have bought a new computer for our office which came with Windows 7 32bit pro.

Previously I had Windows XP pro at the office and I still have windows XP at home. I setup up a VPN connection between the two and that worked great.

I setup the new office machine (win 7) to recieve a VPN connection and my home computer DOES connect but I cant ping or access any shared folders. The VPN connection says connected but also say No Network Access.

What is windows 7 doing differently to windows XP? my router is forwarding PPTP VPN 1723 should I be forwarding any other ports?

Any help with be much appreciated

Thanks for the reply Castorpoluks but I tried all different step by step guides and none could get it to work.

In the end I used a program called Dropbox on two computers to share files.

matt26uk:
Windows 7 has significantly different files permission scheme than Windows XP. I don't think you have VPN issues. I think you have permission issues with Windows 7.
KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back