Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN tunnel not routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bealy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2002
AU
I can establish a tunnell through ADSL but cannot see the network in any way. It adds a route to our network but still routes through the ADSL network.

Are you connecting to the remote network? Check to make sure you are recieving IPs for the remote network and verify by pinging.. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

I have the same issues.

I can see the machines by using "search for computers" but I cannot then "Browse" the pc and see it's shares. Funnily enough my Win98 machines in the office can, while the WINNT, WIN2K boxes are having trouble.

I have the same issue. I recently setup a WINS to help, it has in some sense, but still having my troubles browsing over the WAN.

Matt
Thanks for the reply. I get the WINS, DNS and route added to my network settings upon the tunnell being established.
Although I cannot ping the private network. I have someone else from another location that can VPN in using the same user name. The only difference between his connection and mine is that I have an ADSL setup. I have an Alcatel ADSL modem going into a Dlink router then going into my network card. PPPoe is running on the router.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jamie

Your ISP may have port 1723 blocked.. Or your router, have you tried it without the router? Run an IPCONFIG when you connect to verify that you receive IPs for your network also.. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back