Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vpn tunnel between win2k server & linksys befvp41

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendix

MIS
Nov 18, 2002
US
I'm trying to setup a VPN tunnel between a Linksys befvp41 and a Windows 2000 server. The Windows 2000 server is on a fractional T-1 from ITDeltaCom behind the providers router. The Windows 2000 server is a domain controller with active directory. The Linksys router is on a business line from Comcast. On the Linksys website it has an article on setting this up, except it says for when the 2K server is a domain controller there are some issues. After much reading and testing, I'm still lost and my boss is on my back to get this up and running. Any links, reading material or search critera would me most appreciated.

TIA

Good,... what kind of VPN are you trying to use? (PPTP, L2TP, IPSec tunnel?) Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

Ack sorry I left out some crucial info here. I'm trying to create an IPSec tunnel between the two. How or where do I set up the IPSec policies. From what I've been reading I need to create an OU in the Active Directory, but that is all I've got to go on.

Thanks! Walk softly and carry a big stick; you'll go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

Update: I've been messing around and this is what I have tried. I've setup the IPSec policies according to the Linksys article and tested. The VPN log of the Linksys router doesn't show any errors, I think. I've setup an OU in the Active Directory named VPN. I've assigned the IPSec policies from the ones I created earlier and tested. Again the VPN log of the Linksys router doesn't show any errors. On the Windows 2000 Server using "ipsecmon" it shows Authentication Failures : # XX

I've checked and double checked all the policies for errors or typos. Is this the correct way or am I on the right track yet? Anyway to see where the authentication fails or where there might be errors.

TIA Walk softly and carry a big stick; you'll go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

simple fix have the router on the partial T-1 opened up and use another linksys router it will work like dream and for 150.00 all your troubles will be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back